My Pageviews

Followers

Friday 14 June 2013

My experience and recount at the Waihi Mine!!!! (Part 1) 11/6/2013 Tuesday

Hey everyone! How are you doing? I'm going to write about my Waihi trip experience and recount!!!

This how it started.... At 8:30am we settled off to the mine in 2 luxurious coach(bus)!!! A 2 hrs drive argghhhh! Not use to long rides! Just to tell you I get motion sickness and car sick sometimes which I got on the way to the mine. At first 1 hr I was alright, feeling okay, talking to my friends and then I stopped talking. When I did, that was when I got the motion sickness and car sick! :( The next 1 hour, my stomach was feeling sore! Argghhh!!! How long until we stop???? I NEED FRESH AIR and I also needed to go to the toilet! LOL! Finally we arrived! YAY! Can get fresh air!!!!! The people that was sick got out of the bus first ( I was 1 of them). 

When I got out, I was like.... AHHHHHH.....!!! Next thing I went around taking pictures.... and then... there was this big truck and its tyres were wayyy bigger me, even the teachers! OMG!! After that we on the bus! (Again). Oh yeah by the way my bf(best friend) Xixi(Chenxi) was writing in her diary while on the bus and she was writing everything that she and some other people(including me) were doing. LOL! We were only on the bus for like 2-3 mins. 
Next thing, we were at the Waihi Museum! My 1st time at the museum! YAY!!! An instructor named Debbie was talking about the mining in the olden days, what machines they used to do the process of gold and silver, making them into ingots(gold bars) and also a little bit about a few of the elements(gold(au), silver(ag), sodium(something, I forgot), cyanide(cn, I think) and some other ones which I forgot. It was really interesting... After all that talking, we got split up into 3 groups. Group 1(which I was in with my Bfs, Xixi and Raksha), Group 2 and Group 3. First we went into the museum to look at some stuff(machines, maps, ores etc) Each person in my group got a True or False worksheet except 2 people in my group who were Sophia and Raksha because the teacher didn't give them the worksheet. Weird??? So I went around taking pics of some interesting stuff that I wanted to keep in my iPod Touch. After that we went into another place to do some activities. Mrs Sharma, one of our teachers told us the instructions for each station of an activity. First, I did the one where you shade over the coins. You get a piece of paper and put it over the coin, next,  you get a pencil and colour over the coin. Simple! Secondly, I did the one where to have to put some of the elements abbreviations to the element's full name. For example Gold=au. When I finished, I looked at the answer sheet and I got them all correct! YAY!  Finally, I went to last thing(even though there was more activities because we ran out of time) which was that I had to match the coins to its name. Almost the same as the other one but with coins. This time when I looked at the answer sheet, I got 2 wrong. Times up! We went back to the room where the talking was happening and the people that answered the questions(the people that had an ingot) that the Debbie asked had to stand up and get in a 1 line. Another set of people(who didn't have the ingot)  had to sit down and became the buzzers. The people with the ingots had to press their heads and the buzzers had to make a sound. Debbie asked them 3 questions and 2 different people answered 1 question each and the question was hard so no one knew the answer. Now we are heading back on the bus to have lunch.

                                     Thank you for reading my post!

Any questions or comments? Comment Below

No comments:

Post a Comment