My Pageviews

Followers

Friday 14 June 2013

My experience and recount at the Waihi Mine!!!! (Part 2) 11/6/2013 Tuesday

We had lunch at a playground! FUN! We were only allowed there for 25 mins.
For 20 mins I ate my lunch and for the 5 mins, I had a little play on the playground. After that we are on the the bus again to the mine! Oooooo!!

Here we are arrived at the mine! Excited! A miner named Phil, came to us and greeted us. Next, he started talking about how the hole(mine) was created.It was a long time ago in the 18 century(1800). After that, he showed this thing that showed how loud the machines were! COOL! They used this thing because some public people compliant about the noises of the machines. The maximum of the machines was 50. He tested us how loud we were when we shouted gold. We were 113! WOW! LOUD! After that, we had to wear a vest and a helmet. We had a picture taken. Next, Sophia and Nikaylyn got chosen to talk on a news report(not real). It was a bit funny!  LOL! Then, we went inside this place to watch Phil's adventure underground. It was about him underground. After that, he gave the teachers something for us. When I looked at it, I thought it was gold but I recognized what it really was when I got back to school. After that we left on the bus againnnn!!

We left to go on our Windows walk which was about 45mins-1hr. When we went on the windows walk, we crossed 3 bridges on the way. 10 people maximum on the bridge. After that, we went through a dark,wet and muddy tunnels. When I walked in the tunnel, I was like OMG! Its so dark! Can't see! AHHHH! I couldn't see that much because my torch light wasn't bright enough. When through the tunnels, we saw glow worms shining on the ceiling of the tunnels! WOW! My first seeing glow worms! OMG! After that walk we went back on the bus back to school! I actually enjoyed the walk because I was talking to my friend and I was also talking to some of the teachers. Well back to school! Off I go back for a 2hrs drive! Good bye!

                                           Thank you for reading my post!


Any questions or comments? If you have one, COMMENT below



No comments:

Post a Comment